Friends of Dance
The Department of Dance at UC Riverside is choreographing a new future, and we want you to be part of it!
Because you are already someone who understands what dance is and can do, we are inviting you to partner our new dance projects by becoming a Friend of Dance. Friends of Dance will enable our program to sustain and expand a number of exciting dance projects.
Our department embraces a double-bodied vision of dance, which is scholarly and artistic. We are a unique program that
- Offers the first Ph.D. in Dance History and Theory in the world;
- Offers an M.F.A. in Dance;
- Focuses on undergraduate choreographic research that has garnered top honors at the American College Dance Festival; and
- Boasts a faculty whose award-winning publications and dances continue to receive international acclaim.
The beneficiaries of this unique dual emphasis are the students and the audiences who come to appreciate not only the body, but also the body of work that was, is, and will be dance.
As a Friend of Dance, your donation will support
- Graduate student fellowships;
- Undergraduate student scholarships;
- Residency programs for visiting artists and scholars;
- Performances in the Arts Building, University Theatre, Dance Studio Theatre, and other venues; and
- Colloquia by distinguished scholars.
As a Friend of Dance, you will receive our biannual Danceletter and exciting invitations that will involve you in dance projects.
Become a partner with us in support of these artistic and scholarly projects, and you will be helping to choreograph new visions of dancing that celebrate and illumine our corporeal existence.
To become a Friend of Dance, please contact:
Linda J. Tomko
Tel: (951) 827-3944
Fax: (951) 827-5461